Los Alamitos, CA, 90720
Joined on April, 2013
Any day at any time
Up to 20 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationUniversity of California, Irvine: Class of 2014
B.A. Cognitive Science, Minor in Educational Studies
Currently enrolled in University of California, Irvine M.A.T. program
Experience- Currently an instructional aide for an elementary school while working towards a multiple subject teaching credential and master's degree
- 2 years experience as after school tutor and summer school teacher at an academy (K-6)
- 4 + years experience as private tutor (K-8)
- Extensive experience with K-6th grade children and education (small sized classes, medium sized classes, and 1 on 1 private tutoring)
- 90+ hours fieldwork in elementary schools and after-schools
- 1 year experience as a preschool teacher (childcare, potty training, etiquette training, etc.)
- 4+ years as a School of Religious Education teacher (Focus: Kindergarten, 2nd grade, 5th grade) at my church (and 4 years as Vacation Bible School, children’s day camp director)
- CPR certified, First Aide certified
I have several years experience teaching and tutoring students in grades K-8, particularly (but not limited to) reading, writing, and math enrichment. I try to make learning fun and exciting for my students. My goal for each student is to make them not just comfortable with their subjects, but really excited about learning. I work with the parent (and student depending on age) to develop an appropriate tutoring program to meet the unique needs, wants, and goals of each family.
HobbiesI enjoy baking, photography, arts & crafts, traveling, and discovering new places to eat. I also love teaching and playing with children!
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.